It is recommended to run to check System Files Corruption.
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
1. Run Command Prompt in Administrator Mode
2. To start scanning, execute
dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
3. If the result of the scan is 'the component store is repairable',
it means there is corruption occurred and it can be repairable
by running '/RestoreHealth'
You can use '/CheckHealth' to check the repairable flag marked in registry
4. To start repair, execute
dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
However, if '/RestoreHealth' is unable to repair and return error 0x800f0906,
this means that dism is not be able to repair unless the good WinSxS source is provided.
'/Source:<FilePath>' to repair file corruption.
dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:<FilePath>
In this case, the source is '/Source:B:\' which is DVD drive where I copied the good WinSxS.
The generation of WinSxS sources in ISO file, you can refer to this blog
Admin Script: Generate WinSxS Sources ISO for WinSxS Repair (Windows 8/8.1 & Windows Server 2012/2012 R2)
5. To confirm, you can run '/CheckHealth' to check the success of the repair.